Senior football standout Tyshawn Lighty will be continuing his academic and athletic career at Notre Dame College.
Tyshawn is one of the most gifted all-around football players to ever come out of Lorain. Over the past 3 years, Tyshawn has been willing to sacrifice individual stats for winning football games. Lorain High was fortunate to have a number of gifted skilled position players, and Tyshawn could have been selfish and demanded the ball just to get stats, but he instead embraced the idea of spreading the ball around in an effort to try to win football games. This speaks volumes for a player that averaged 14.1 yards per touch for the season.
As good as Tyshawn was offensively, he may have actually been even better defensively! Over the course of the 2019 season, he ranked 3rd on the team in tackles with 57 to go along with 2 INTs and one forced fumble.
Tyshawn holds the following school records:
- Most TDs in a game – 5 in 2019 against Maple Hts (2 receiving and 3 rushing)
- Most TD Passes in a Game – 3 in 2018
- Most Pass Reception Yards in a Season – 780 in 2019
- Most Passes Caught in a Career – 106
- Most Pass Reception Yards in a Career – 2,045
- Most Career TD Passes Caught – 24
- LEL Player of the Week
- Golden Helmet Special Mention
- 1st Team All-Lorain
- 1st Team All-LEL County
- Lorain County Most Valuable Offensive Back
- 1st Team All-LEL
- 2nd Team All-Ohio