The Lorain High Athletic Department is currently accepting applications for the 2019 Jim Popiel Scholarship. The scholarship criteria can be found below.
- Scholarship will be awarded to 1 male and 1 female on May 15, 2019 at the Lorain High Senior Awards ceremony
- Each scholarship recipient will receive $1,500 to be used toward tuition OR select items needed for college
- Deadline for scholarship applications is April 29, 2019
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following: (a) minimum of a 3.2 GPA; (b) ranked in the top 25% of class; (c) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100 (Verbal and Math only)
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of those two sports
- Applicant must have at least 2 letters of recommendation
- Applicant will not be considered if he/she is receiving an athletic scholarship of 50% or more
Scholarship applications can be picked up in the Athletic Department at Lorain High or you can click on the below link.